The Department of Emergency Medicine at Shanghai United Family Pudong Hospital (SHUPH) is the place to come for emergency, from heart attacks to trauma.
Our medical staff includes internationally trained and experienced emergency physicians and nurses with comprehensive emergency treatment capabilities that go far beyond that of many specialist physicians found in other emergency rooms throughout China. We have in-house specialists, including a pediatrician, available 24 hours a day. Our facilities are specially organized for emergencies. Hospital operating rooms as well as a full supply of triple-tested blood are available 24 hours a day if needed.
Our 24 hour Shanghai Emergency Hotline, links you to our doctors and nurses at all hours of the day to help you in emergency situation. We can provide emergency advice in both English and Chinese, and can help translate with ambulance drivers, emergency workers, or others nearby if you have a problem. In many cases, a taxi or private car may prove to be the fast way to come to our facility. If you need, however, our professional emergency staff can also help contact the national ambulance service and translate your whereabouts to them so as to allow for an ambulance to be dispatched to your location as rapidly as possible.
Our Emergency Room is equipped with state-of-the-art life-saving equipment to handle all emergency situations. We have imaging, laboratory and pharmacy services available 24 hours a day, including a rapid state-of-the-art CT scanner with 3D and angiography capabilities, X-ray and ultrasound. If necessary, we have blood available for transfusion that has been double checked at our hospital to ensure your safety.
The strength of SHUPH 24/7 ER services
- 24/7 in-house adult, and OB operating room services for acute surgical emergencies (e.g., fractures, injuries, appendicitis, and C-sections)
- 24/7 in-house, state-of-the-art CAT scan, MRI, Ultrasound, and X-ray imaging services with on-site radiologist for more rapid and convenient imaging and diagnosis
- 24/7 adult and obstetric inpatient services available, including 24/7 inpatient rooms
- 24/7 neonatal intensive care unit and on-site adult intensive care capabilities
- 24/7 laboratory and pharmacy
- Highly-experienced Emergency Medicine Physicians certified in:
- AmericanHeart Association Basic Life Support (AHA BLS)
- American Heart Association Advanced Cardiac Life Support (AHA ACLS)
- AmericanHeart Association Pediatric Advanced Life Support (AHA PALS
On-site Emergency Service
We offer a wide variety of outside medical assistance for your organization’s VIP visits, high-profile conferences and events. We can help you create a safer environment for your special events or trips. Examples of the kinds of sevices we can supply are:
- Nurse or medical professional escorts inside ambulances
- Emergency physician on-site staffing
- Remote area travel medical staffing
If you are an events manager and would like to understand what we can provide to create a safe environment for the medical needs of your next conference, VIP visit, or high-profile event, please contact us. We will provide you with a proper consultation from a medical perspective with recommendations to suit your needs.