The Department of Pediatrics at Shanghai United Family Pudong Hospital (SHUPH) assures you that your child will receive high-quality pediatric outpatient and inpatient care in Shanghai. Our pediatricians have many years of experience in caring for children, both in China and internationally. Your child is special and deserves the pediatric care.
Our experienced pediatricians are trained to prevent and manage health care problems in infants, children, teens and young adults. Children have different health care needs than adults. Our international staff understands the physical, emotional and social development of children. Children might be too young or too shy to talk, so pediatricians understand the importance of listening carefully to your child and you. Children often present different symptoms than adults, and need different medications and treatments. Our pediatricians are specially trained to recognize the importance of these differences, especially in young children and newborns.
We provide comprehensive care for children in Shanghai including preventive care. We work closely with other professionals including those in our Mental Health, Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation, and Surgery departments to evaluate and recommend treatment for children with special needs. We are also committed to helping you find pediatric subspecialty care if needed.
Outpatient Well-child Services
Regular visits to the pediatrician are a key part of preventive health care. At each well visit, the pediatrician will fully examine your child. This check-up gives your child’s pediatrician a chance to:
- Discuss diet, hygiene, growth, motor, language and social skills development
- Update immunizations
- Identify and treat possible problems early on
- Discuss age-related safety concerns
2、Recommended health care visits for well children
- Before your baby is born, especially for first time parents
- During the first year: at 2 weeks, 1, 2, 4, 6, 9 and 12 months of age
- During the second year: at 15, 18 and 24 months
- Yearly from 2 through 5 years
- At 6, 8, and 10 years
- Yearly from 11 through 21 years
3、If your baby or child is sick, we will strive to offer you an appointment with the doctor on the same day And for situation that cannot wait remember that our clinic works closely with the Emergency Room which is open 24 hours a day, 7 days per week.
4、We also offer specialty services in the following areas:
- Pediatric General Surgery Clinic
- Pediatric Orthopedic Clinic
- Neonatal and Preterm Clinic
5、Inpatient Pediatric service
Children who must be monitored and treated as inpatient for an illness or after surgery will be able to stay in a comfortable private room, with a sofa bed for their parents. They will be cared for day and night by our pediatric doctors and nurses.
The strength of SHUPH pediatric services
The strength of SHUPH pediatric services：
How does your medical provider compare in pediatric care?
- Full-service facilities that are quality-accredited by the Joint Commission International, demonstrating our commitment to the high standards in healthcare
- Infection prevention and control practices in compliance with standards set by the Joint Commission International
- Family-oriented, comfortable private inpatient rooms with TV/DVD units, internet access and pull-out couches for parents to stay overnight with their children
- The comprehensive team of high-level inpatient and outpatient pediatric services for children of all ages, including on-staff pediatric endocrinology, gastroenterology, development and behavior specialists ensure coordinated and efficient care for your child – all under one roof!
- On-site Neonatal Intensive Care Unit, staffed by experienced Neonatologists, ensures access to higher-level specialized care for newborns, when necessary
- 24/7 on-site pediatricians and nurses certified in Pediatric Advanced Life-Support (PALS) by the American Heart Association.
- Western-style emergency department with emergency and pediatric physicians ready to serve you, in case of emergencies
- 24/7 on-site Radiologist, radiology and laboratory services located under one roof makes any necessary testing faster, easier, and safer for both you and your child.
- Advanced sedation protocols make it easier and safer for pediatric patients undergoing inpatient and outpatient procedures, such as MRI and CT scans. Children are accompanied by an anesthesiologist and nurse throughout the entire procedure and monitored until full recovery
- On-site kitchen to ensure the freshness, safety, and quality of your child’s food